Deadline: November 11, 2022
Applications are open for the YSEALI Seeds for the Future Programme 2023. The Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative (YSEALI) Seeds for the Future Programme is a small grants competition to support innovative initiatives in Southeast Asia.
It provides funding for the region’s most promising young leaders to carry out projects that improve their communities, countries, and the region across the program themes of Civic Engagement, Economic Empowerment and Social Entrepreneurship, Education, and Environmental Issues. The programme is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State and is funded through a grant from the U.S. Mission to ASEAN. Cultural Vistas began administering the programme in 2017.
Selected projects will address issues or opportunities related to the four core YSEALI themes:
- Civic Engagement
- Economic Empowerment and Social Entrepreneurship
- Environmental Issues
- The competition, which is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State, provides funding of up to $15,000.
- To be eligible, all main team-members (Project Leader, Secretary, and Treasurer) must be 18-35 years old;
- Be citizens of one of the 11 YSEALI nations: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Vietnam;
- Have not had any recent involvement (in the past 2 years) with a programme that received funding or support from the U.S. government;
- All additional team-members are encouraged to become YSEALI members. To register your YSEALI membership, visit the YSEALI website and complete “join YSEALI” section.
The application deadline is November 11, 2022 at 11:59 PM (GMT+07 Jakarta Time).
For more information, visit YSEALI.