DEADLINE: OCTOBER 31, 2022
Applications are invited for the ETH4D Faculty Exchange Teaching Stay Grants 2023. ETH4D supports the teaching activities of ETH scientists or ETH emeriti at partner institutions in low and lower-middle-income countries. Activities include delivering lectures, courses, or seminars; or attending collaboration meetings.
The ETH4D Teaching Stay Grant is open to:
- Doctoral candidates
- Senior scientists
- Assistant Professors
- SNSF Professors
- Titular Professors
- Professors on an ERC grant
- Professors Emeriti
- A maximum of 5,000CHF can be granted per proposal. A detailed budget is requested, including financial contributions by the applicant, and the inviting university/organisation (in-cash and/or in-kind)
The applicant must be hired at ETH Zurich at least in a 50% position. The applicant must fulfill the following requirements:
- ETH scientist
- Invitation from a university or research institute.
- Teaching assignment at ETH Zurich.
- ETH emeriti
- No longer than 5 years retired
- Still active relationship with ETH Zurich
- Teaching stay at a partner institution to which an active link exists (e.g. through ETH scientists) and which can be continued independently of the professor emeriti
- Invitation from a university or research institute
Complete the electronic application form and upload all required documents.
Application documents for an ETH4D Teaching Stay Grant comprise:
- Completed electronic application form
- Description of the teaching stay (1-2 pages)
- Budget, including the applicant’s and partners’ contribution to the costs (in-cash and/or in-kind), (use budget template)
- CV of the applicant (1-2 pages)
- Support letter of the hosting university or research institute
Include the following in the description of the teaching stay:
- Description of the purpose, content and relevance of the teaching activity.
- Point out the added value provided to the beneficiaries and to ETH Zurich, including longer-term perspectives and mutuality.
- Explanation of how the teaching activity fits into the curriculum of the guest university/research institute and how it is accredited.
For more information, visit ETH4D Grants.