Because International invites impact-driven, product-based entrepreneurs from around the world to apply for the 2023 Because International Impact Competition, where one winner will receive the $5,000 Because Impact Prize and a spot in the 2023 Because Accelerator.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit an online application for Because International’s Impact Competition by February 24. Finalists and semi-finalists will be notified via email and shared on LinkedIn.
Looking for companies:
- With a manufactured, physical product.
- Prioritizing job creation in communities impacted by poverty.
- Able to show the potential for future impact through a clear vision for the future.
February 24, 2023
- March 8: Semi-finalists announced.
- March 8-16: Interviews conducted with the semi-finalists.
- March 17: Finalists announced.
- March 23: Virtual, live competition with the top five finalists.
A virtual pitch competition will take place on March 23, 2023 for the top five finalists. Each entrepreneur will have five minutes to present a pitch, followed by a few minutes of Q&A with the judges. The winner will be revealed at the end of the competition and will receive a cash prize and a spot in the 2023 Because Accelerator cohort.
PRIZES AND BENEFITS
- The winner will receive $5,000 and a spot in the 2023 Because Accelerator.
- Additional spots in the cohort will be awarded as determined by the Because Accelerator team.
ABOUT BECAUSE INTERNATIONAL
At Because International, our mission is to use products as solutions to alleviate poverty. Building on what we’ve learned from developing our own product, The Shoe That Grows, the Because Accelerator is designed to help entrepreneurs take their innovative products to the next level. This free program uses a completely digital platform and includes 16 weeks of training, weekly calls with a coach, networking with alumni and our extensive network of subject matter experts, and the opportunity to pitch for prize money.