DEADLINE: OCTOBER 19, 2022
The Amazon Research Awards Call for Proposals — Fall 2022 is now open. Amazon Sustainability works to make Amazon the most environmentally and socially responsible place to buy or sell goods and services.
They conduct research to map, model and measure the end-to-end environmental and social impact of the company and vet sustainability topics that will have the greatest future impact to Amazon to inform business planning and resilience.
They welcome proposals related to the topics below:
- Climate risk/resilience
- Life cycle assessment
- Social responsibility / labor rights / human rights
- Circular strategies
- Machine learning for sustainability
Selected Principal Investigators (PIs) may receive the following:
- Unrestricted funds, no more than $80,000 USD on average.
- Training resources, including AWS tutorials and hands-on sessions with Amazon scientists and engineers.
The Principal Investigator must be:
- Either a full-time faculty member at an accredited academic institution or a permanent researcher at a non-governmental organization with recognized legal status in their respective country (equivalent to 501(c)(3) status under the United States Internal Revenue Code).
- At or above the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence at the time of application. Each Principal Investigator is permitted to submit only one proposal to the ARA Programme per call for proposal period.
Proposals should be prepared according to the proposal template. In addition, to submit a proposal for this CFP, also include the following information:
- List the open-source tools you plan to contribute to.
- List the AWS ML tools you will use.